Thursday 3 October 2013

Wahu Reveals How Her Daughter Narrowly Escaped the Westgate Mall Attack

         
  • Wahu Reveals How Her Daughter Narrowly Escaped the Westgate Mall Attack
More details are emerging of the heart-rending Westgate Mall terrorist attack, more than a dozen days later. Already a couple of celebrities have shared their experience of the siege but now it has just emerged that power couple Nameless and Wahu were also shaken by the events of that fateful day.
Thursday, Wahu revealed how her elder daughter, Tumiso, was supposed to be at Westgate at the time of the attack. Here’s her account;
The Westgate tragedy still feels so unreal, like a bad dream that I need to wake up from.
My daughter was supposed to be at Westgate for a play date that fateful Saturday; but that morning, her friend’s mum called to change the date from lunch and a movie at Westgate to swimming at Laico. Little did we know what was to happen later that day. As I watched the unfolding story on TV, I couldn’t help but cry…cry out of empathy for the victims, cry for mercy…and cry at the thought that it could’ve been my little girl needing to be rescued.
That evening, I held my family tighter than I ever have and showered them with kisses. I could see the confusion on Tumiso’s face as she could tell that her dad and I were obviously shaken.
I dedicate this blog post to all those who have lost loved ones in the tragedy; all those recovering in hospital from this cowardly act; all those who risked their lives to save their fellow Kenyans. Let not our spirit be broken. Instead, let this incident strengthen our national pride and brotherly love.
#We are one

No comments:

Post a Comment